His and Her Tours
After breakfast today we were off via the underground to the Waterloo train station where we bought our individual tickets, kissed goodbye and headed off in our separate directions.
Gary Visits Hometown Aldershot
I decided to train down to Aldershot with the video camera and tour the town. I wanted to see more of the school, surrounding areas and town center. Aldershot has not changed much though, the town center portion of the visit was a bit of a disappointment. Most of the stores in the new wing of the Wellington Centre shopping complex are closed. I didn't spot many yobs, but the one surprise was being stopped and questioned at the train station upon my arrival by two police officers who had observed me videotaping the train station from the train, and apparently because of terrorism, they are trained to look out for such things. Once they were satisfied I wasn't Osama Bin Laden, they wrote me a ticket (no formal charge or fine) and told me I could go about my business... they then proceeded to follow me for a few blocks as I made my way out of the station, then went up a different direction. On the tour of the town I stopped in to visit the parents of an old friend who is now living in Dubai. It was so nice stopping in for a cup of tea, then continuing the tour of the town. I won't spill too much here because I got a lot of really great video, and want to put together a really good recap video once we are back in the states. - Gary xxxooo
Stephani Finds Another Castle - Hampton Court
Timing is everything... I got off the train and was welcomed by a little rain, which followed me across the bridge to the castle entrance. I got my ticket and raced into the shelter of the enormous brick structure that is Hampton Court. I took the audio tour as it allowed me to stroll the various sections at my own pace. By the time I was finished with the interior tours (3 hours later) it was time for a late lunch and hopefully a stroll around the beautiful gardens that I had been getting glimpses of all day through the windows. The lunch was lovely and as I sat there sipping the last of my white coffee (coffee and milk) the clouds parted and the sun burst through as if to be calling me out. I bundled back up in my coat and was off. Here are a few pics. - Stephani xxxooo
Gary Visits Hometown Aldershot
I decided to train down to Aldershot with the video camera and tour the town. I wanted to see more of the school, surrounding areas and town center. Aldershot has not changed much though, the town center portion of the visit was a bit of a disappointment. Most of the stores in the new wing of the Wellington Centre shopping complex are closed. I didn't spot many yobs, but the one surprise was being stopped and questioned at the train station upon my arrival by two police officers who had observed me videotaping the train station from the train, and apparently because of terrorism, they are trained to look out for such things. Once they were satisfied I wasn't Osama Bin Laden, they wrote me a ticket (no formal charge or fine) and told me I could go about my business... they then proceeded to follow me for a few blocks as I made my way out of the station, then went up a different direction. On the tour of the town I stopped in to visit the parents of an old friend who is now living in Dubai. It was so nice stopping in for a cup of tea, then continuing the tour of the town. I won't spill too much here because I got a lot of really great video, and want to put together a really good recap video once we are back in the states. - Gary xxxooo
Stephani Finds Another Castle - Hampton Court
Timing is everything... I got off the train and was welcomed by a little rain, which followed me across the bridge to the castle entrance. I got my ticket and raced into the shelter of the enormous brick structure that is Hampton Court. I took the audio tour as it allowed me to stroll the various sections at my own pace. By the time I was finished with the interior tours (3 hours later) it was time for a late lunch and hopefully a stroll around the beautiful gardens that I had been getting glimpses of all day through the windows. The lunch was lovely and as I sat there sipping the last of my white coffee (coffee and milk) the clouds parted and the sun burst through as if to be calling me out. I bundled back up in my coat and was off. Here are a few pics. - Stephani xxxooo

Comments