Gary takes a spill in Edinburgh




Well friends, I was up at dawn yesterday bright and early for a lovely walk up to Arthur's Seat, the lovely scenic cliffs that overlook Edinburgh. Stephani was sleeping in, nursing a nasty cold.



The purpose of walking up to Arthur's Seat was to capture a nice time lapse of the city under gloomy clouds as it woke up.  I managed to get up about 2/3 of the way and picked a nice flat spot to set up the camera so it wasn't in the way of other hikers, and close enough to the edge where walkers would not be captured in the timelapse.   That one took about 30 minutes.



Feeling adventurous, I ventured up to the top and was delighted to find a really nice flat area to set up a second-time lapse from a different angle. Here's one of the stills I took with the drone.  It's a pity it was such gloomy conditions.



Finally, since the wind had died down and the light rain pretty much stopped, I sent the drone up for a few minutes of aerial video and a few stills.



On the way down I slipped on some loose gravel, scraping up my right hand which was used to break my fall.  Since I was going downhill, my thigh muscles were engaged, but the sudden movement must have pulled the left thigh. So I ended up hobbling back to the hotel.   It was really sore but didn't stop us from clocking another 15,000 steps around the city.

We set off for Edinburgh Castle, where we found hoards of tourists taking up every inch of space, but managed to get a few really nice poses near the canons overlooking Edinburgh.


After we visited the castle, we made our way back with Stephani visiting other spots around the city, while I retired to rest in the room.

Comments

Popular Posts