EE Mobile, What We Have Here is Failure to Communicate



Since arriving we've been trying to add funds to our EE Mobile SIM card, which I purchased on a recent trip to Belfast. The idea was to have an Android phone we could use to access internet and make calls when in Europe.  The crazy thing is, the EE app will not accept U.S. Credit Cards.  You must have a U.K. Postcode in order to give them money.  This is crazy. 

I tried to contact EE through the app, eventually resorting to Twitter, and also parent company T-Mobile. JonathanM from T-Mobile's customer service was amazingly responsive and told me that since EE was an affiliate, they were a completely different company and I would have to deal with them.  So far, no word back from EE who I finally figured out how to engage via email.

The idea that a U.S. based traveler who's credit card is from a U.S. Company MasterCard and wishes to pay a European based mobile phone company for services is not that far fetched, and yet EE has a web site and app setup to completely ignore this cross section of the population. 

So, today, we are going to try and find a local telecom company who can sell us a SIM card, giving us a new phone number.   Crazy. 


Comments

Popular Posts